1.1K views

Purchased a leather sofa and reclining chair from locally owned furniture store - total spend $2400.00.The leather furniture was Craftmasters "Encore" line.

The salesman told us this was Craftmasters 'high end' line. Biggest selling point was that it is made in the USA. Within 1 year, the color on the leather sofa began change from deep brown to orange on the arm rest and head rest where my husband usually sits. We took pictures and went back to our locally owned furniture store to see what could be done.

The response we received was - oh this is from "hair care products ....I'm sorry there is nothing we can do". When I explained that my husband was bald- the response was "oh". Our local furniture store reached out to Amy and Lance at Craftmaster to see what they could do to help with this problem. We NEVER heard from Lance, the mystery man - I don't think he exists.

It took 3 months for Amy to respond! Her response " nothing we can do as this is caused by hair care products". Once she was told that my husband is bald she said she would send out a "leather expert". Two months later this guy shows up and says the problem was how the leather was dyed and that he would send in a report to Craftmaster.

Two months after that visit from the leather expert, we still did not receive a response from Craftmaster. So now it's 7 months from the time we initially notified the store of the problem. The next two months icluded another visit from a different leather expert sent to us from Craftmaster. Final report: now your furniture is 2 years old - problems you are having is from normal wear and tear, sorry we can't help you.

Convenient for Craftmaster don't you think?! They dragged this out 9 long months to avoid taking responsibility for their product. So now we are stuck with furniture that looks like we picked it up on the side of the road.

Craftmaster does not stand behind the product that is supposedly made in the USA.Lousy customer service - no pride in their product - shameful.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Quality, Customer service and leather color quality.

Comments