I purchased a leather sofa and chair$4000.00 When I received my sofa, it had a cut all the way across the arm down through the leather.The store I bought it from contacted craftmaster but they refused to do anything about it.

I have owned a furniture store so I knew it was a craft master problem and I hated the store to have to take the loss. The store gave me $200 off of my $4000, whoopee! It's something that an upholsterer can't fix, I had one come look and he also agreed a manufacturer problem. It's been less than a year since I bought the suite.

A beautiful suite but damaged before coming into my house. I always thought craftmaster was a good company when I was in the business. That's why I chose to buy from them, however, I will NEVER be that dumb again and I have certainly spread the word to every person I know that's bought furniture since.

Being I've owned s store I get called for a lot of recommendations on furniture.It would be nice if they decided to back their product instead of turning their backs!!!

Review about: Craftmaster Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Craftmaster Furniture?

Comments

I also question this whole fiasco.I have sold Craftmaster for well over 10 years and ALWAYS get resolution.

First of all, in 10 years we have had next to nothing for issues. It is the responsibility of the furniture store to take care of you first, which they did not do. What kind of furniture store allows a sofa with a slit down the arm to be delivered to a customer's home? Is there no "deluxing", no inspecting furniture before it is sent off to delivery?

This slit was most likely done at the store by warehouse workers slicing the arm by accident while taking the plastic off, or by the trucking company. Craftmaster has a reputation to stand by their products. Even IF it did come from the factory as an oversight, the FURNITURE STORE is responsible for correcting it!!! Ordering a new one and dealing with the issue themselves, not burdening the customer.

Take care of the customer. You of all people, coming from the furniture world, should know this. Our store has been here for 44 years and counting with a booming business. Why?

We take care of our customers 100%.Your frustration is completely misdirected, and the problem is NOT with Craftmaster.

I find this review very subjective.

First, without even being in the business, who in their right mind would ever accept the furniture if it was already damaged upon delivery.

I too worked in the furniture business many years ago, and being a good furniture company with a great reputation, once a piece of furniture was unwrapped and found to be damaged, we would automatically load it back up in the truck.

I would tend to believe it was the furniture company or the delivery service they use if not their own who damaged the product, hence, why Craftmaster would not cover it.

Man, come on, your whole comment spells scam all over it.

It really sound like the company you purchased it from was a personal friend of yours and you didn't want to place the blame back on him where it actually belonged and tried to collect from Craftmaster.

Shame on you.

I am sorry but I am questioning a good deal of what you said above.I have worked in furniture for a good number of years and a great deal of what you said have nothing to do with Craftmaster as a company.

First the cut down the arm is most likely due to a sloppy delivery team. The furniture comes wrapped in plastic, thus you have to cut it off. From what you have said it sounds like the person who opened it was careless.

Second it appears as if you purchased the furniture from a dishonest company.

They will not take a hit on the cost of the furniture. Craftmaster will send them a new one to replace it. Do things come in damaged from time to time. Yes.

But all companies will replace or credit anything that comes in damaged.The fact that you were left with a damaged sofa is solely due to the fact that the company you purchased from was not a good company and has nothing to do with Craftmaster as a company